Effective as of December, 29th 2012
We will never sell, rent, or loan any personal information that you provide to us.
What information we collect
We collect three main types of information when you visit this site: web usage data, invite requests, and customer information. In the normal course of browsing the site, we may also collect usage information such as your IP address, browser type, language settings, and the URLs of the referring and exit pages. We can also keep track of how much time you spend on the site and what links you click on while visiting simple.com. When you request an invite, you have to provide us with your name and email address. When a customer signs up, we ask them for their Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, and Social Security Number. Customers also choose a Username and Password. As customers use their Simple account to perform financial transactions, we collect information on each transaction that they perform. Transaction information includes time, dollar amount, and merchant details. We never collect, store, or request your card number or PIN.
Modifying your information or opting out
If you have provided us with information and would like to make changes to it or how we contact you, please get in touch with us at 858-610-7152
What we do with the information we collect
- We use invite request information to track how many people are interested in our services. As our service becomes more broadly available, we will use your email address to inform you of this and extend you an invite to use the service.
- We may, from time to time, share information with our business affiliates, but they operate under strict privacy policies and will not share your information without our permission or unless otherwise required by law. For example, we work with an email service provider that sends emails to people who have requested an invite. To do that, we need to tell them an email address, however they are not authorized to share that email address with third parties.
- We use anonymous web usage information to analyze how people use this site and to help direct improvements for the site. We aggregate this information in a way that does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and other third-parties with which we have a business relationship.
- We store your financial transaction information, primarily so that you can access it from our various applications. Our employees are also able to view your transactions as necessary to assist you with customer service inquires or to improve our overall system.
- To provide you with a cleaner view of your transactions, we may send a subset of anonymized transaction data to third parties. We do this to improve our accuracy in geo-locating transactions and to improve the clarity of transaction descriptions. This subset of data includes transaction ZIP codes and merchant names. We actively remove any potentially sensitive information that may appear in merchant names. We never send any personally identifiable information to third parties for the purpose of transaction cleaning.
- To provide our customers with a mapped view of their transaction, customers may opt-in to sending the location information of their transactions to a mapping service. We currently use Google Maps for this purpose. This activity is a client-side operation. It runs in our customers’ browsers and does not transmit information back to us. Customers may disable this functionality at any time by visiting their Account Settings.
- If we or any of our affiliated companies are acquired, we expect that the collected information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the information that we collect (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of others.
How we protect your information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We encrypt personal information using industry-leading encryption algorithms and strengths. We consider security at all layers of our business and services, using secure technologies and physical and procedural safeguards to ensure the security of the information that we collect. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the internet. In particular, email may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
This is an American web site
This website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the website and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
We are not responsible for external web sites
How to contact us
Smart Landscape and Garden.
CA. Lic. C-27. 930083.
Direct (858) 610-7152.
Mira Mesa CA. 92126.